The minimum conditions shown below are required for licensing, as per the The Animal Boarding Establishments Act 1963;
- The premises in which the animals will be accommodated shall be suitable in respect of size, construction, number of animals, exercising facilities, temperature, lighting,ventilation and cleanliness.
- The supply of suitable food, drink and bedding material and that the animals will be adequately exercised and suitably supervised.
- Reasonable precautions that are to be taken in terms of infection control to prevent the spread of disease between animals including the provision of isolation facilities.
- Reasonable steps that are to be taken for the protection of in case of fire or other emergency.
- A register being kept containing a description of the animal received into the establishment, date of arrival and departure, name and address of owner. The register must be kept for a minimum of 24 months.